Monday, September 12, 2011

First Seventh Throne Review, and the Dallas Library!

Had a little good news come in over the weekend, which I'd like to share with everyone here.

First of all, just got in the first review for The Seventh Throne. This will appear in Fantasy Book Review, but the reviewer has it up on his site as of now, and it is a really strong one. Always wonderful when someone really gets into the depth of the books, and what this series is about, and I think you all will enjoy this:

http://www.danielcann.com/content/view/521/316

The second bit of news I got is that the Dallas Library system picked up all of my books, in multiple copies of each, for their branches in the Dallas area. I was really elated to hear this. As many of you know, I got my college degree at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, TX, which is just west of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. We went to Dallas many times, and I loved the city!

Having my work in the library there could very well lead to me doing a workshop, seminar, or some other type of event for the library, which will result in a Texas visit! I am hoping to make some progress from this and hopefully get placed in Abilene, so I can do an extended trip and revisit some of my favorite places! Ideally, I'd like to do a week long swing there hitting Dallas/Ft. Worth, Abilene, and maybe Austin or Corpus Christi.

1 comment:

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Good news is always nice. A Texas visit would be fantastic.

ShareThis